Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Life- Cleaning out an Empty Box


Holy Cow! What's the time? I have got to get a move on. Got to get ready for the race of life; face the daily ordeal; the daily challenges at work place and come home satisfied and feeling like I've shot a bullet in the midst of a bull's eye. But wait; Why the hurry? Oh these silly materialistic and avarice attractions of the human mind. I prefer to continue running you through the unexplored chambers of the complicated castle that people call the "fantasy artiste". I was just caught up in thinking "what if my readers find this next thought really boring? You know, since I mostly write about how our hearts have become so useless in daily life and the value of love and relationships and the uselessness of selfish sadists who don't deserve a seat of importance in our sub-conscious emotions and lives." And through this very medium the very concept just flushed me about how emotions flourish in my head and occupy a vital spot in my life. I have been pre-occupied for quiet sometime now thinking about how emotionally stern I am and the extent to which I can be insensitive and emotionless. But you know I just figured, I'm not that bad. I might always prefer to choose my career or my life as my prior importance in life; but to make these selfish pleasures even the least satisfactory, I need to fulfill my sentimental needs and add color to my rather black-white life to be happy! And that color can only be added in life by the ones whom I hold as treasure.
Terrific, mind blowing, mind boggling, breath-taking, exhilarating, beautiful, captivating, spell binding, and hell  has got no idea what other adjectives I could possibly use to give justice to the value of the thing that I assumed I had lost! Emotions! Ah, the calmness of the very word; the serenity of just the lips going together to make that out-of-this-world sound. I recently came across some uninteresting and rather unfortunate happenings which I still do feel I could have prevented. But what can the mullah do when he is already half-way through to the mosque? Before I could even see how terrorizing this was going to be, I dropped myself into believing that I could forever find happiness on what I had assumed was cloud nine. But seldom misconceptions lead to painful descends. And a descend indeed happened in what I hold most important-my career. An all-time low; a painful reality flashed before my eyes with it's piercing gaze saying "the amount of dedication that you have wont even fetch you a dime in a corner store!"  But just then I found a leap of hope from exactly what I had discarded-Emotions(note the capital "e" for how much I respect it now) ! When my mind had rubbished me as worthless, my emotions lovingly looked upon me and said "I can give you just another chance to do what's right and you unmistakably have to carry it out. Future is held in the hands of no one but god but as long as you control your present, the god up there will definitely hand over the future to you." And lo! I was dumb-struck; could not believe that this had actually happened! My heart was talking to me; rather yelling out to me since so long but I had never heeded. And yet it stood by my side in the times of hardship. Since then I promised to my precious tool of consoling and now to every reader, that I shall never behave like a stone wall; like an emotionless git. I mean, even the earth which has no life gives a reaction when hurt by the settlements of mankind; who in this universe was I to feel powerful enough to throw away my emotions? And since then I have stuck to who I originally am and who I should be and am a much happier person.
And so I clean out my empty and supposedly emotionless mind of all those crude thoughts and prefer to keep it nice and neat and have a clear sight of who I am and who I want to be and thus, approach to face all the challenges that the day has in store for me; being a whole new person; rather an old person resurrected and finally move out of my emotionally confined little space called Home.

5 comments:

  1. just supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ! Am speechless ! Very mature thoughts! Keep going !

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the author rightly mentioned even the Mother Earth which is supposedly a non-living thing also has emotions. So obviouly, all the living things have emotions. There is nothing wrong in showing emotions and they lead our lives and bind us together. Emotions sometimes give us pain which it is inevitable but beware suffering is our choice.

    Good style of writing!!!!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete